After checking on the sheep headed over the road to see the ponies. They were in the far bottom corner and from a distance it looked like Kat and Doune were guarding Flam who was lying down. They were all flicking their manes and ears regularly and as I got closer saw they were surrounded by flies.
Flam remained lying down and didn't get up to greet me, as she normally would, so instantly I started to be concerned.
Also as I sat to observe, both Kat and Doune approached me, which is very unusual, as if they wanted help so again I worried. Couldn't get Flam to stand, and she seemed dull and listless with accelerated breathing.
At this point phoned Jayne who was going to come and check on Flam. Flam eventually stood, but she didn't seem right and wasn't as alert and curious as normal.
Both Kat and Doune seemed okay, alert and healthy.
Waiting to hear about Flam and will update with more information when I have it.
UPDATE: Luckily Flam is okay, grazing well and wandering all over the place playing hide and seek. What a relief! Apologies for worrying everyone. 😔😆

No comments:
Post a Comment